One good thing about having a kid with a good appetite - you never have to worry if he or she is getting enough to eat. That was Allie - until about a week ago.
She has slowly turned into a picky eater and it is bothering me! I am slowly turning into my own mother trying to shove food down her throat! We have to do tricks to get her to eat. I'll hold a cracker up and slowly move it toward her mouth....and then slide a spoonful of vegetables in while she's focusing on the cracker. She'll eat it once we get it in there, but it's the getting it in there that's hard. She shakes her head no at EVERYTHING...well - unless it's fruit or a cracker. I hate being sneaky, but I can't help it! She MUST get some veggies in there, right?!
She absolutely refuses to eat meat. Seriously. If I sneak it in there with something else....her mouth immediately drops open and the mean bite instantly falls out. I guess it's a texture thing, but she knows that it's meat somehow BEFORE it goes into her mouth!!
So - here's a picture of Allie (on a good day) eating some carrots and grapes. I feel like a horrible mother because I can't get her to eat much anything else!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Drop me a comment every now and then so I know you're out there...reading...