Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 127 - Allie's first snow!!

Brad and I have lived here in Augusta now for a little over two years and we have been missing those New England winters...crazy as it sounds...we enjoyed the snow and cold. Here in Augusta, there really isn't much of the cold and there surely isn't any snow......

....Until last night!

It started snowing around 4:00 yesterday and I bolted from work! I'm a new mother...I can't be risking my life for work, right?! By the time I made it home, there was already a few inches on the ground. When we woke up this morning...this is what it looked like...


Needless to say, we were all pretty excited to see how beautiful the snow was. But, by early afternoon, it all started to melt. Our snowman plans were spoiled by the sun. We didn't get Allie out in the snow since she is still so small...we figure the pictures would suffice.

We stayed in for most of the morning. I love being at home with Allie. I love just watching her. I am in awe of how much she likes to chew on the edge of her blanket or on cloth diapers or burp cloths. I don't know if it's because its the closest thing to her most of the time or because it is a texture thing...but I think its the cutest thing in the world.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment every now and then so I know you're out there...reading...