Yesterday there was so much excitement surrounding the blizzard of 2010! Except when we woke up this morning - there wasn't that much snow! There were lots of drifts - so much so that my car was covered in snow...and it is parked in a covered parking spot!!
Apparently - for a storm to qualify as a blizzard, it has to meet 3 criteria. The one last night met 2 of these 3.
1) Winds blowing at a minimum of 35 MPH - check
2) So much snow that the visibility is less than one quarter mile - check
3) Lasts for a minimum of 3 hours
We were shy of 3 hours by like 1/2 an hour....
But still this morning - road conditions were TERRIBLE - even on the I-215. I drove about 35-40 mph the whole way in to work...and I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE! EVERYONE was driving that slow - at one point - I was ahead of the pack and it made me uncomfortable!!
We still took Allie to Dan's house this morning even though she was reluctant because it was so cold and miserable outside!!
Check out that bed head!!
After Brad and Allie left, I ventured outside to start my car up...and found out it was quite angry about the cold weather. So much so that both tires on the right side had low air pressure because of the cold!!! But I did have a lemonade slushie waiting for me in the car - I left a bottle of lemonade in the car and it was the perfect slushie consistency this morning while I waited for the car the warm up. And I don't care what Jenny Roseman may say....Seat Warmers are a MUST in the winter without a garage in Utah (Or RI!).

No comments:
Post a Comment
Drop me a comment every now and then so I know you're out there...reading...