I decided to take a medical sanity day today to schedule a few doctor appointments: One for Allie and one for me.
Allie's been needing a follow up appointment for her ear infection and her hernia that our SC pediatrician warned us would need surgery after one.
Brad took her to a pediatrician when he first arrive since Allie was super sick. I didn't know what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised when we had a young, super sweet pediatrician! She let Allie warm up to her by playing with her and holding the ear inspector (I have no clue what this contraption is REALLY called!) and shining the light on the walls with it. Our pediatrician in SC got straight to business - so this is a nice change of pace!
Here's Allie playing with a few tongue depressors that Dr. Liddle provided as drumsticks!!

Allie is officially diagnosed with abdominal hernia which isn't nearly as common as umbilical hernia. After consulting with her senior partner at the practice, we were advised to wait until she's two as it may go away on its own. At least I have a name and now signs to watch out for - rather than just being told to wait until she's a certain age for surgery.
Next we went to MY doctor's appointment! With the onset of winter and my lack of hydrating properly last week - eczema has set in on my face. I've never had it, but it sucks! Rather than trying to treat it myself, I decided to go to a dermatologist just to be sure. Dry skin is nothing to mess around with in Utah and its super dry climate.
THEN - we went to the bank. There are NO branches of the current banking institution that we use - NONE here in Utah - so I had to open up a new account. And Allie scored a free stuffed pony out of it!!
It was mega windy outside the whole day of errand running and we got home to find that there had been a blizzard warning in effect for the Salt Lake City area. I checked the weather and looked at the radar...and didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Then I zoomed out and saw this...

Later on this evening, the wind and snow started. The wind was blowing so hard, it was rattling the front door of our apartment!! Yay for snow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Drop me a comment every now and then so I know you're out there...reading...