Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 233 - Mommy cooked for me!!

Today, I decided to cook for my baby Allie! During a recent visit in New England, Patricia showed me how easy it was to make baby food and freeze it.

So, my mom announced that she was heading upstairs and leaving the kitchen all to me and Brad headed outside to mow. Allie was asleep, so I brought out all the pots and pans. I made a recipe called chicken pot, which is chicken, carrots, leeks and sweet potatoes. This will be Allie's first meat dish!

It started out like this...

And ended up looking like this!


Of course, I was careful to choose the pictures as the kitchen was a freakin' mess!! I also made some pureed sweet potatoes and apple/pear sauce. Later on after I cleaned all the mess up - I made what I am calling baby guacamole sauce! Since she wasn't the biggest fan of plain avocado, I found a recipe that mixed 1/2 avocado, 1/2 banana and 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt. SHE FREAKIN' LOVED IT!! I wished I could say the same for the tons of chicken pot that I made for her....she's not such a fan...but I think it's because I didn't add enough chicken stock to the puree. It will be an acquired taste, but my mom will probably mix it with cereal so it isn't that thick.


Today's Allie photos are brought to you by the letter L for LANDO!!!! Allie has been spending much more time on the floor these days in our attempts to motivate her to crawl...she managed to "roll" over to a sleeping Lando and wanted to play!


Thank goodness we have such a patient doggy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment every now and then so I know you're out there...reading...