Sundays have become my favorite day lately. I used to HATE Sundays because it was only the last day of the weekend and so I just used to dread Sundays.
Here lately, I've been going to Grace Fellowship Church as my friend Kelly goes to church there as well as my hair stylist, Jonathan, at La Dolce Vita (Jonathan also just happens to be the pastor's son and youth leader AND I was the photographer at his wedding). It was all very odd that out of random coincidences - these people were both connected to the same church. So, I went. I was a little weirded out at first because this church was like no other church I have ever been to. It was more like the youth retreats we used to go on to Gatlinburg when I was in middle school. I used to love these youth retreats because I always felt so much emotion and just connected. Something that didn't really always happen at the Baptist church that I attended. There was a full band, modern songs...but best of all, I really truly enjoyed listening to Pastor Hamilton.
It took me a while to get into the habit of going...(because Sundays was my lazy days), but now, I couldn't imagine NOT going. I can honestly say that I look forward to Sunday mornings so I can go to church...now that is something that I never would have admitted to before. Church was always a dread for me growing up - and looking back, it was because I was consumed with the gossip, the clothing and the lack of fitting in these churches...I let it get to me and I rebelled against what church was all about. Then I found Grace...literally and figuratively.
Anyway (I'm beginning to ramble) - since Allie doesn't get the socializing that other babies get at daycare - I started taking her to the nursery about a month ago. At first, I didn't bring her at all and left her home with Brad, then I started bringing her and keeping her with me during the service...and then she started babbling during service and I realized that my mom and I weren't able to fully pay attention. So I started taking her and she is slowly getting used to the concept of being left with strangers only to have me return in an hour or so. I love being greeted with that big smile when I pick her up from the nursery.
But what I love most is the extended family that I am gaining out of this church. I have made some very close friends there who have made me feel a part of their families and it is such a wonderful feeling. God works in mysterious ways and maybe this is the reason I haven't moved on to another state yet...I honestly believe God wants me to stay and grow here for a while.
:-)
Allie at lunch, munching on a rice cake snack.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Drop me a comment every now and then so I know you're out there...reading...