Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 109 - What Allie learned today

On my way home today, I called my mom to see how Allie had done for the day. I don't know why I do this, I just do. As soon as I start my car up in the parking lot at work, I am dialing my mom's number.

My mom excitedly told me what Allie had learned today...to stick her tongue out. Big deal...I thought. She's stuck her tongue out before - even when she was a baby. Although it may not have been intentional, she was still able to stick her tongue out. It wasn't until I got home that I realized how intentional the tongue sticking out was....and how cute it was!



She pretty much stuck her tongue out the whole night while she laughed. Our evening routing has whittled down to the following: I arrive home, say hi to Allie, say hi to Lando, immediately change into my tshirt and sweats (or shorts!), wash my hands and then grab Allie from my mom. (My mom and Allie are usually waiting for me by the door when I get home!) I feed Allie as mom gets dinner ready (I am SO spoiled) and then Brad arrives home. He takes his shoes off, plays with Lando a bit, washes his hands and comes to play with Allie. Allie will usually squeal, talk and laugh around this play time. She's gotten to where she can scream pretty loud! It's quite impressive! We eat dinner, Brad and I give Allie a bath, while my mom cleans up. We get Allie ready for bed and then she goes down for the night after another quick feeding. Wow...that has been my nights for the past several weeks...all in a nutshell. Hmmm - I am truly wondering if I'm sad...or it's great that Allie has such a structured schedule???

Anyhow - tonight she went to sleep for the night...I pulled all of her 3 month clothes out of her drawers and put them up in a storage box. She's just too long for this size now and is in her 3-6 month outfits and even some 6 month outfits. She'll be 4 months old this Friday...I did manage to pull out the outfit we brought her home in...that outfit is staying out - I'm NOT putting it up in storage...not yet anyway. I just can't let go of the tiny image of her ingrained in my memory...

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are sooo cute! She looks so proud of herself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love that she's sticking out her tongue! 4-months today--already. I keep saying it, but the first 12 months pass way too quickly. Can't wait to see you guys next week. xo Bana

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment every now and then so I know you're out there...reading...