Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 55 - The vet, shopping, shopping, Christmas Tree

Today was an uber busy day...

Lando's annual shots were due last month and with my mom being gone, I didn't know what to do. Now that Bona is here...well - enough said. Brad usually goes with me since it is so hard to contain a 150 lb dog in a small waiting room with other dogs...so not fun...

So, we ventured off to the vet at 11:00 and then I rushed home to feed Allie so that we could meet Brad out for lunch. Here's how that went...

Jennifer gets home at 11:30...remembers she made a pot of coffee before she left...really craving coffee with Sweet Italian Creme...decides to make a cup of coffee (decaf of course) to drink while feeding Allie. Jennifer feeds Allie...and decides that it would be a good idea to pump on the other boob while feeding Allie because of the time restraint to meet Brad for lunch. Allie on one side, pump on the other...pump unit falls into the floor...pumped milk bottle follows pump unit...spilling breastmilk on the carpet...while Jennifer tries to reach down and pick up milk bottle so that it doesn't totally spill, knocks full cup of coffee over on table and ALL over stuffed animals...Allie is crying because she doesn't know what in the heck is going on...but she is not attached to the feeding unit anymore!!! Ugh......

Her nursery now smells like coffee...and is short a few stuffed animals.

We ended up making it out the door in time to meet Brad for lunch. Allie did pretty good for a while, then started crying. I took her to the bathroom to change her diaper....and thought, huh...what is on my hand? Allie had blown her diaper again...and it was all over the back of her shirt and pants...and I just took her extra outfit OUT of the diaper bag. WHY OH WHY?!

Well - we managed...finished lunch then headed to Target, Michaels and Buy Buy Baby. I found out that Buy Buy Baby has a much better feeding room than Babies R Us and highly recommend it! I love that place.
While at Buy Buy Baby, I was telling Bona at how Vanessa was amazed that we put Allie's dirty dipaers in a regular trash can in her room. We empty it every morning, but I felt like...we should take Vanessa's advice and buy a Diaper Champ...she's been on point on all the other advice. $100+ dollars later, we left the store with much more than we expected. Thanks Bona!!!

Afterward, we stopped by a Christmas Tree stand next to the house and scored a 9 foot Christmas Tree...our 3rd Christmas Tree ever...we haven't had one in several years....several.

Allie - you're changing our ways every day! I can't wait to see what we have in store in the next 18 years!!!!

Here's some great pics I snapped this morning - Allie and her best friend Lando hanging out in the nursery...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment every now and then so I know you're out there...reading...