Saturday, December 26, 2009

Day 78 - Meet the Gideon's

Allie has a lot of cousins...I mean A LOT! And today was the first time she got to meet them...all at once! They did trickle in a few at a time, but by the time all of them arrived, it was a bit overwhelming...at least for me! We did Christmas over at Pappaw's (Keith). Pappaw and Nana have 5 other grandchildren, so add Allie, that is 6 grandkids, 6 kids and a partridge in a pear tree. Grandkids: Rylee - 9, Anna B - 7, Shay - 3, Emory - 9 months, Juliette - 5 months and Allie - 3 months (I rounded a bit!) Kids: (I won't mention ages) Greg & Chrissy, Jennifer and John, Brad and Jennifer. It was a bit chaotic, but in a good Holiday chaotic!





Juliette was a bit intrigued by Allie...later Juliette gave Allie some advice (see bottom posting...) but for awhile - Juliette just checked Allie out!


The best was watching the kids tear through the presents and watching their living room turn into a wrapping paper wasteland! I think I had the most fun watching little Emory bounce from one place to the other, crawling under the wrapping paper...she was like a little baby ninja! Allie sat patiently on Pappaw's lap and was overall a great baby...she got the good baby award, as Brad put it!


Pretty soon, the night was a bit more than the wee ones could stand...




All in all, we had a great first Christmas for Allie - she score a lot of gifts and I can't wait to break all of them out of their box so she can start to play with them!

Can't wait for next year!





A conversation with Juliette and Allie:


"Listen, kid - I know you're new around here. Let me tell you how this works."


"Take it from me - you'll need all the advice you can take."


"Look cute as much as you can. Fart when no one's looking or standing too close. See that guy with the beard and the lady with the short hair? That's the Pappaw and the Nana. If you smile when they're looking at you, they'll do whatever you want them to."


"Don't smile or look cute now! You'll waste it on all these aunts and uncles. They don't have as much power as the Pappaw and the Nana."


"Ah crap - here comes cousin Emory. She's already getting a lot of attention because SHE can crawl. The Pappaw and the Nana melt in her hands. She's probably going to come over here and gloat."


"Look Emory, don't steal all my thunder, alright? Go be cute and crawl around over there. I'm trying to have a serious conversation with Allie. Come back later."


"Hehehe. I guess I told her...she thinks she's cooler than us because she can crawl. I'll be there soon though - I can already lift my head up. You'll be there soon too, kid. Don't stress about it too much!"


"Uh - oh. Here comes Daddy. He must know what we're talking about. Quick - act like you don't know what's going on. Pretend to chew your arm and cry."


"But DAD!!!! Somebody's gotta teach her the ropes..."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment every now and then so I know you're out there...reading...