Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 18 - Off to the Pediatrician...again

Today was an adventure to say the least! Anytime I have to take Allie out in the car, I am thankful that Brad is with me. This time - Brad wasn't with me. I had a few practice runs at working the car seat to make sure I could do and Mamma-san and I were off to the pediatrician this morning. I pulled out of the driveway and realized that this was the first time that I was behind the wheel with Allie in the car. The thought made me a little scared...but how else were we going to get there?!

I was anticipating the drama that would unfold due to our last visit where Allie cried nonstop...but my mom insisted that Allie was going to be a big girl and not cry...haha! My mom isn't wrong very much, so I was a little giggly when Allie proved her wrong...all 45 minutes at the office!!

It started out as usual....hysteric crying once the clothes came off with the nurse. Then...a poop...

As we were changing her diaper and getting her last diaper strap fastened...another poop. Hmm - I think the pediatrician's office has some sort of baby laxative in the air. So - as we were changing the second #2 diaper....she peed ALL over the check up table. How embarrassing! The nurse said, "That usually only happens with little boys!!" Well nurse - meet Allie!

During the exam, a PA in training came in to check all of Allie's vitals and the second level crying commenced. Second level crying is when the rest of the office can now hear Allie in the exam room and no other baby's cries can be heard due to Allie's. It was a little funny when the hysterical crying stopped when the PA in training grabbed Allie's feet - she must have hit a pressure point, because Allie immediately stopped crying as if she found the off button!!

So after she left, we got all of clothes back on and then the PA came in to do the SAME checks...geez! Here we go again!

When Allie was born, she weighed 8 lbs, 8 oz. When she left the hospital, she weighed 8 lbs, 1 oz. It usually takes a newborn two weeks to regain their birth weight...Allie exceeded that by weighing a whopping 9 lbs, 9 oz! She also grew 3/4 of an inch! She is in the 75 percentile for both height and weight. Now..her head...different story. She is in the 90 percentile for that big noggin' that she acquired from both sides - her mom AND dad!

No picture today - the drama this morning was more than Allie and I could bear and we both went home and crashed out for the remainder of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment every now and then so I know you're out there...reading...