My husband is an insane Star Wars nut. So much so that in August this year, we are tentatively planning on visiting some friends in Orlando so that we can attend the Star Wars conference. We're hoping to go and take Allie - and find her a Yoda costume for Halloween! One of Brad's first purchases for Allie while I was pregnant was a mini Chew Bacca stuffed animal. Today, we added to that collection. Yoda is almost as big as Allie and she loves him!


Allie's daycare cold has lingered now for a few weeks. While I was gone, Brad had mentioned that she had thrown up a few times....Allie is not a spitter... This morning she woke up at 5:00 and was almost unconsolable. This is so NOT like my baby girl.
We took her to the pediatrician to see about what we could do with this stupid cold and learned that Allie has her first ear infection in her right ear. I'm a bit obsessive compulsive about cleaning her ears (almost to the point that I'm afraid that I clean them too much!) and the amount of gunk that they pulled out of her ears was a bit embarrassing and amazing all at the same time. I had NO CLUE that she had an ear infection - she has not once shown any signs that her ear was bothering her. Maybe she has and I just haven't noticed...I'm a bad mother!
But we have her on her first ever prescription. I am just praying that this isn't the start of a string of ear infection. Brad had bad ear infections growing up with the tubes and all. I, on the other hand, was the complete opposite with no issues. I know how difficult it is to go through all of that through some of my friends who are going through it now and I just don't want Allie to suffer through it. We're keeping our fingers crossed!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Drop me a comment every now and then so I know you're out there...reading...