Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 299 - A change in cups? That's all it took?

We bought some disposable sippy cups for daycare to give Allie more practice. Today, I tried them out and....amazingly enough....Allie took to them BETTER than the expensive one with the handle!

Allie's top tooth is now fully through the gum and she has learned to grind her teeth together. Ugh...it makes me shiver just thinking about it!

My new nickname for Allie is BM baby! I noticed the alternate outfit on her again when I went to pick her up! I told them that Allie's a tricky baby because she doesn't cry when she has a dirty diaper. The rule is that babies are changed every 2 hours unless they soil their diaper in between....well - with Allie, they're going to have to check a little more frequently! She is THAT good of a baby!!

At home, she's turned out to be such the good napper! 2 naps a day, at least 2 hours a nap! AT DAYCARE - completely different story. 1 nap - maybe 2 if they're lucky...for, on average 30 minutes a nap. On average! Some days, it's an hour, but most days it's about 15 minutes! Today she fell asleep while eating...what? Yup - while she was eating! When I picked her up - we weren't even out of the parking lot before the kid was out cold! On these days with little to no nap, she struggles to fall asleep on her own. I have no problem rushing in to save the day and rock her to sleep! In a few more weeks, I won't have this luxury.

The good news is - we turned Allie's two week notice in at daycare. Yup - my mom's coming back! She's going to stay with us during the transition of moving, etc, so I am so thankful that she's willing to come back and help us!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment every now and then so I know you're out there...reading...